"i think it's nice that there are all different kinds of lunches and breakfasts and dinners and snacks. i think eating is nice"
albert, frances' friend
Bread and Jam For Frances, by Russell Hoban
i really like this book. Frances is so honest about how she feels about things. i like that the family eats a variety of foods. i love the lengthy description of albert and frances' lunches. i love that it encourages us to try new foods!!
books like this are entertaining for us as parents to read aloud to our kiddos! Skippy John Jones is another favorite!
what do you read aloud to little ones?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Here are some of our long time favorites. For some I simplify and just speak to the artwork and loosely follow the story. The Crack-Of-Dawn Walkers by Amy Hest, Soup For Supper by Phyllis Root, Fireman Small books by Wong Herbert Yee, Owl Moon by Jane Yolen, Richard Scary! and my favorite Margaret Wise Brown book is Bunny's Noisy Book. I would love more ideas!
I have really enjoyed discovering chidren's literature. I would love to know more books that you're reading as well. I remember the books you're mentioning in your post and will look for them.
I've been tracking some illustrators lately and feel so picky about the images in the books.
We'll talk!
thanks laura! love the list!
board books we like I Can Fly by Ruth Krauss, Zin, Zin, Zin, a Violin by Lloyd Moss (how my children learned their instruments), and a new favorite, In the town All Year 'Round, by Rotrout Berner
jackson and i, as you know, are really into the Little House series. he also loves any book about how things work (human body, machines, animals, earthquakes...)
Post a Comment