Saturday, February 23, 2008

sling a ding dong!

i am sold! thanks to the friend who shared this website,i bought a single piece of cloth
learned how to wrap myself in fabric and create an origami style baby holder. i was a ring slinger with zoom, and loved it, but certainly found my back a little sore by the end of a day of carrying him around.



















i can carry the ladybug all day and hardly feel the effects that evening!
and she LOVES it! little fussy? throw her in the wrap and she is out! needs to be held
during dinner prep? toss her in the sling and she watches me work. wanting some snuggles?
snuggle AND get something done! late night fussiness? a little dance-and-pat and
calms right down.

and the great thing is that i only spent $5 on a piece of clearance fabric! and it's brown so it goes
with everything! if we are out, i can wrap the cummerbund around her
feet and she stays all snuggled and warm.

AND - zoom can fit in it too! the website shows how you can carry both a toddler and a small child - we aren't there yet. in fact, zoom seems so big i wonder if we would tip over. we'll have to try it just to try it.

2 comments:

a. borealis said...

I'm still mourning the fact that I bought fabric that was 1 yard too short. What kind of an idiot am I?

I'm so glad you're enjoying it - that is great! I bet they love it. How many yards did you get?

ms said...

i bought 4.5 yards. it is a little long, but i haven't tried all the different ties yet, so i don't want to cut it.
bummer yours is shy